ACTIVATE’s mission is to create a fun, safe, welcoming environment that celebrates fandom, diversity, and social justice. We want everyone to have an amazing time in a space where you feel welcome and accepted.
We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment of any kind, which extends to all iterations of ACTIVATE – from our Zoom panels and workshops to our social media accounts.
We expect all participants, guests, volunteers, moderators, sponsors, and staff to abide by the following Code of Conduct:
- Be polite and respectful. No trolling, spamming, bullying, hate speech, or personal attacks of any sort will be tolerated.
- Protect your privacy and the privacy of others. Never post your (or someone else’s) phone number, address, or email address directly into a chat window or on any ACTIVATE social media account or communication channel.
- Keep things PG. Do not post graphic content, including explicit language, sexual content, and gore.
- Please do not post links. They will be deleted by a moderator, and you will be given a warning. Any advertisements or attempts to sell anything are prohibited.
- Use an appropriate name and avatar when engaging with ACTIVATE social media accounts.
As a 100% virtual convention, ACTIVATE spans across multiple platforms, meaning that engagement opportunities are different depending on the platform.
- Zoom: Our chat is moderated. Participants are unable to message one another or see the participant list. All messages go through a staff member. Anyone posting messages that violate the above Code of Conduct will be given one warning. Continued violation of the above policy will result in being kicked from the Zoom meeting room.
- Facebook / Instagram: Comments that violate the above Code of Conduct will be removed. Users will receive a warning. Repeated violations will result in a ban and ACTIVATE staff will report the account to Facebook / Instagram.
- Twitch: Our Twitch chat is moderated. A violation of our Code of Conduct will result in a warning. Repeat violations will result in a ban.
ACTIVATE takes online harassment (and accusations of online harassment) seriously. If you have questions or feel that something is a violation of the above Code of Conduct, please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide a screenshot of the violation in your email.